I made up a big pan of nourishing and wholesome Carrot soup the other day. It’s delicious and so easy, perfect for gloomy days or you just need a boost in your veggie intake if feeling a bit under the weather.
I kind of made this recipe up as I went along, which is what I do with the majority of the soups I make, to be honest the variations of this will be endless so you can just go ahead and throw anything you have left over in the fridge in there and it will most likely taste pretty good!
We’ve been having this for lunch served with some wholemeal bread for dunking
3 carrots peeled and chopped into quite small pieces
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 sticks of celery, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp. tomato paste/puree
2 Kallo organic very low salt stock cubes
1.5 ltr water
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium to high heat.
2. Add the onions and cook until beginning to turn translucent, add the garlic and cook for another minute or so.
3. Add the celery and carrot and cook for a couple of minutes, giving all the veggies a good stir to combine.
4. Add the tomato paste and stir thoroughly, then add the stock cubes and water.
5. Put the lid on the pan and turn the heat down to low. Cook until all the veg is soft, add a bit more water if you think it needs it. I cooked mine for about 30 – 40 minutes.
6. Once cool, blend up and reheat to serve.
This kept for 3 days in the fridge in a container and will probably freeze quite well too.I didn’t add any extra salt to this as I didn’t think it needed it.I always use Kallo Organic Stock cubes, they have some lovely flavours, the tomato and herb ones also make for very delicious soups.
This is a great basic recipe and you could add coriander or cumin to this for a slightly different taste.
I hope you enjoy it.